- Cheques should be made payable to Craven College. Payments may be made by credit or debit card either in person or by phone. Please note, to pay by phone you must have sent your enrolment form to us beforehand, and have ticked the appropriate box, following which we will call you
- For some courses, you may enrol and pay online
- A monthly direct debit option is available for annual course fees of £340 or more, excluding examination, registration fees or other costs. In such cases, one-fifth of the course fee, plus any other examination/registration/additional fees must be paid at enrolment, with the remaining balance spread over four equal payments
- If you are claiming a concessionary fee then you will need to provide the required evidence when enrolling
- Where fees are to be paid wholly or in part by an employer/sponsor, confirmation in writing must be produced at enrolment
- Where a course runs over two or more years you will be required to pay fees at the start of each academic year
- If you are enrolled on an HE or FE course and would like to attend a Community Learning course then you will need to pay the full fee
- Loans may be available from Student Finance England for Higher Education courses
- Adults aged 19+ can apply for the Advanced Learner Loan if studying for AS or A Levels, Certificates or Diplomas at Level 3 or above. Please call Student Support Services on 01756 708 008
Fees and Funding
- Fees vary depending on your chosen course. They are set out in the course listings along with additional costs, for example, exam and registration fees and membership of professional bodies, as available at the time of going to print
- Exam fees and registration fees must be paid at enrolment
You may not need to pay any fees if you enrol on the following courses and meet these age requirements:
- If you are 19+: Adult Basic Skills (English and Maths)
- If you are 19 to 23 (inclusive) and enrolling on:
- Level 1
- Full Level 2 if not already holding a full Level 2
- Full Level 3 if not already holding a full Level 3
Please ask for details if you think you may qualify or to arrange an advice and guidance appointment on 01756 708 008.
For courses sponsored by the Skills Funding Agency, you may not need to pay any fees if you come into any of these categories:
- Aged 19 to 23 (inclusive), unemployed and on active benefits (Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance in a Work-Related Activity Group (ESA)), in receipt of Universal Credit as unemployed and, have been mandated to training, or wider benefits not listed above (Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit, Income Support or Contribution Based ESA). You must be seeking work and the course you are undertaking should support you in finding work
- Aged 19+ and studying up to Level 2
- Earning less than £17,004 per year
Please Note: You will need proof of your benefit or status to claim remission from course fees. If you are seeking work and on a wider benefit, you will need to complete a declaration confirming your status. You may still be required to pay membership of any professional bodies, plus any additional costs such as for textbooks, equipment and materials, but you may be able to receive support from our hardship fund to help with some of these costs.
- Students aged 19-23 and studying their first full Level 3 will not be required to pay course fees.
- Anyone aged 19+ and living in the UK will be able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan for studying AS or A Levels, Certificates or Diplomas at Level 3 or above
- Loans will not be means-tested or subject to credit checks and you do not pay anything back until you are earning £26,725 or more
- You do not pay anything back if your loan is for an Access to Higher Education course and you progress to and complete Higher Education study
Please contact Central Admissions 01756 693 881 for more information.
Minimum numbers are required before a course can run. In the event of a course recruiting insufficient numbers, we will try to offer you alternatives or, failing that, will automatically refund any monies you have paid. Craven College reserves the right to merge or alter the delivery of courses, subject to student numbers. If, as a result of this, the day or time of the course alters to the extent that you are no longer able to attend, we will refund an appropriate proportion of the course fee and any exam/registration fee paid. In all other cases, fees will not be refunded as per the Fee & Refunds Policy.
If you decide not to continue your studies for any reason, full fees are still payable as set out in our Fees and Refunds Policy. This includes fees payable by direct debit or fees which have been paid for you by your employer or sponsor.